WILTSHIRE, United Kingdom, 11th June 2021: Regent’s Park Healthcare Ltd. (RPH), an independent healthcare company specialising in the design, build, financing and operation of cardiology centres to treat heart disease, today announced it has just opened a brand-new interventional cardiology centre on the grounds of Basingstoke Hospital in partnership with Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (HHFT).
The state-of-the-art cardiology center was delivered and opened in just 14 weeks from the receipt of the HHFT order. The cardiology centre has a footprint of 300m2 and is located at the front of the Sherborne Building on the Basingstoke & North Hampshire Hospital site.
The managed cardiology service provided by Regent’s Park comprises the following facilities and staff.
- Philips Azurion 7 series single-plane cardiac catheter laboratory with touch screen module
- GE MacLab haemodynamics system
- Reception with seating area
- 6 patient recovery areas: 2 side-rooms with ensuite facilities and 4 individual recovery bays
- Staff rest room, staff changing room, kitchen, dirty & clean utility rooms
- Data room, nursing station, storeroom
- 4 fully accessible WCs, 3 shower rooms
- Fully integrated to Trust picture archiving, IT and Fire systems
- Wireless nurse call system
- Swipe card security access doors
- Medical gases enclosure with piped medical gases, suction and oxygen
- HTM & HBN compliant building and ventilation systems
- Clean water and pumped underground waste solutions
- Patient access and emergency exit ramps
- Covered patient walkway linking hospital to cardiology centre
Regent’s Park staffing:
- 2 cath lab nurses – scrub nurse and nurse runner
- 1 cath lab radiographer
- 1 cath lab cardiac physiologist
- 2 recovery ward nurses
The new centre is designed to provide the Trust cardiology department with operational resilience and act as a bridgehead towards building a much larger cardiology centre in the years ahead.
Alex Whitfield, Chief Executive HHFT, said: “Regent’s Park Healthcare have built a superb facility. We thank them for their professionalism and speed – the fact that we have patients being treated in the new unit is great news!”
Bryn Webber, Chief Operating Officer of RPH and project lead added: “HHFT have been great partners and the fact that we have all worked through the pandemic despite all its challenges is a testimony to everyone’s can-do attitude.”
Dr Anil Ohri, Chief Executive of RPH said: “This new cardiology centre is excellent news for patients with heart disease in and around Basingstoke.” He added: “This project is perfectly aligned with our 20-year long strategy of working with NHS cardiac departments to provide solutions to address their operational challenges whilst improving patient experience and clinical outcomes.”
RPH is the UK’s leading independent cardiac services company with 20 years of expertise in the development, financing and operation of cardiology and cardiovascular services. RPH employs over 350 staff, and to date has delivered over 150,000 procedures. RPH has been developing innovative service solutions in partnership with NHS hospitals since it was established in 2002. The company owes its name to the London Business School in Regent’s Park where it was first founded in their business incubator unit (called The Lord Gavron Business Centre) in Huntsworth Mews. The majority business of the company involves the design, build, financing and operation of cardiology centres to provide additional system capacity to address long NHS waiting lists. Its most recent centre, called Peninsula Heart Clinic, opened in 2019 alongside the Southwest cardiothoracic centre in Derriford hospital, part of the University of Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust.
Two decades since it was founded, RPH now has an integrated national platform operating interventional and outpatient cardiology services across a large number of NHS hospitals.
RPH prides itself on its ability to deliver high-quality, cost-effective cardiac care through excellent service, efficient operations management, well-trained staff and uncompromising professionalism. The Regent’s Park guiding philosophy is that every patient with heart disease should have access to healthcare of a world-class standard.